Connect on Social Media

Monday, February 6, 2017

Colourpop Pressed Powder Eyeshadows


Colourpop announced via Snapchat on January 9th that they were coming out with all new eye shadows in a pressed powder formula. Which of course was very exciting to their fans because this was an all new formula! They also had a special that if you bought four of the powders, you automatically receive an empty palette to put them in. You can also take out the inside of the palettes (like I did in the pictures) and use it as a z palette. In total, there are twenty single eyeshadows and two fixed palettes. The palettes are also interchangeable, so you can customize them! Two of the shades "Stay Golden" and "Come and Get It" are not vegan. The single eyeshadows are $5 and the fixed palettes are $18.


Lo-Key

From left to right: Take it Slow, I Owe You, Running Late, and Criss Cross

Take it Slow is described as a "warm champagne" and is in a metallic finish. It is definitely more of a warm toned gold. This one doesn't feel chunky at all and applies nicely like the matte finishes do. This is a perfect shade for the inner corner of the eye or as an eyebrow highlight.
I Owe You is described as a "mid-tone orange" and is in a matte finish. This was the first shadow that stood out to me when I saw this palette. It did not disappoint! I love these kinds of shades for all over the lid or as a transition shade. I think this one is a must have!
Running Late is described as a "creamy orange" and is in a matte finish. This one looks a little more on the yellow side to me, but still looks pretty on the eyelid.
Criss Cross is described as a "brick orange" and is in a matte finish. This color is similar to a few other shades they came out with, but works really well in this set. I think this would be a good color for the crease to give you more of a smoky look.


Hi-Maintenance

From left to right: Just in Time, High Strung, Get Out, and Cute Alert


Just in Time is described as a "soft gold" and is in a satin finish. This has yellow undertones to it- which I love. If you love gold eyeshadows like me, you need this in your collection!
High Strung is described as a "dusty rose" and is in a metallic finish. This is one of the most pigmented eyeshadows out of all the ones I tried. It also blended beautifully on the lid. I didn't expect to like this one that much, but you really can't compare this pigmentation!
Get Out is described as a "cool cranberry" and is in a matte finish. I'm never going to be able to use this one without singing JoJo's "Get Out (Leave)"- which isn't a bad thing considering I like that song. This one had a little more fallout and I would recommend tapping your brush off before applying.
Cute Alert is described as a "deep burgundy" and is in a matte finish. This is the perfect muted wine color and I really don't have anything else like this in my collection. This one wasn't as opaque, but is easily buildable.


Single Pan Eyeshadows



Let Me Explain is described as an "ivory" color and is in a metallic finish. This color can pretty much go with any look and can be used for a more subtle or smoked out look. I also didn't think it was too light for my fair skin- another bonus!
Save it for Later is described as an "amber" and is in a metallic finish. This is one of my absolute favorites out of all the colors they came out with! It's super pigmented and applies easily to the lids. When the light hits it, it is so beautiful!
Locked and Loaded is described as a "pale yellow" and is in a matte finish. This shade is very light and it was difficult to get a swatch to show up. If you're really fair skinned, you may not like this one.
Paper Tiger  is described as a "mustard" and is in a matte finish. This one looked much brighter on Colourpop's website, but is more muted in real life. I'm happy I took a chance with this one, because it really is a beautiful shade.
From top to bottom: Let Me Explain, Save it for Later,
Locked and Loaded, Paper Tiger, Milli, Cloud Nine,
Made to Last, and Take the Lead
From left to right: Take the Lead, Made to Last, Cloud Nine,
Milli, Paper Tiger, Locked and Loaded, Save it for Later,
and Let Me Explain





















Milli is described as a "penny copper" and is in a metallic finish. This is a shade Colourpop released to celebrate reaching one million likes on Facebook. It felt a little chunkier in the pan, but didn't apply chunky at all.
Cloud Nine is described as a "plummy brown" and is in a matte finish. I can't decide if I like this one or not because it was a little harder to swatch and is very dark on my skin tone. I haven't tried this one on my eyes yet, so I can't speak to how it applies on the lids.
Made to Last is described as a "neutral mauve" and is in a matte finish. In the pan, this doesn't look like anything special, but it is so pretty when applied to the eyelids. It looked like just a brown to me, but the mauve undertone really makes it stand out.
Take the Lead is described as a "dusty medium gray" and is in a matte finish. I wouldn't normally go for these kinds of shades, but I thought this was so unique that I wanted to try it. I think if you paired this with some deep blues or purples, this would look stunning.




Popular Demand is described as a "red brown" and is in a matte finish. I love these browns with a red undertone because of how many looks you can achieve with them. This wasn't chalky at all and I was impressed with the pigmentation.
Top Notch is described as a "terracotta brown" and is in a matte finish. This is another favorite of mine. It is brown, but it has some orange in it that make it a gorgeous transition or outer corner shade. A must have in my book!
Wait for It is described as a "hot peach" and is in a matte finish. While this color is stunning, it isn't really my cup of tea, unfortunately. But if you like bright pink shades, this would be the one for you!
Note to Self is described as "warm caramel" and is in a matte finish. This is another brown/orange color that I'm absolutely in love with. I feel like a broken record talking about all these warm toned eyeshadows, but what can I say? They really are pretty!


From right to left: Popular Demand, Top Notch,
Wait for It, Note to Self, You Know the Drill,
Wake Up Call, Bel Air, Goody Two-Shoes,
and Backseat
From top to bottom: Popular Demand, Top Notch,
Wait for It, Note to Self, You Know the Drill,
Wake Up Call, Bel Air, Goody Two-Shoes,
and Backseat























You Know the Drill is described as a "bronze" and is in a metallic finish. This one is a lighter bronze than some of the others and is on the yellow side. It is really light and took a few swatches for me to get it to show up on my skin.
Wake Up Call is described as a "warm sand" and is in a matte finish. Does anyone else remember this song by Hayden Panettiere? No? Just me? Anyways, this is a lighter brown, but had a more yellow tone to it than some of the other browns in this collection.
Bel Air is described as a "cool taupe" and is in a matte finish. In West Philadelphia, born and raised...There seems to be a lot of references to songs and shows with these eyeshadows. This shade goes with anything and is the perfect transition shade.
Goody Two-Shoes is described as a "gunmetal" and is in a metallic finish. Did you guys know that the slippers in the Wizard of Oz books were actually silver, not red? Well, that is what this reminds me of. It's sparkly without being too glittery and applied nicely on the lid.
Backseat is described as a "deepened aquamarine" and is in a metallic finish. I decided to be a little more brave with this shade and I'm happy I did! I think this could go with so many eye looks without being too dramatic. I'm going to have to play around with this one more because it is so gorgeous!


What are some of ya'lls favorites from this collection? If you'd like to view all the pressed eyeshadows, you can click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment