Connect on Social Media

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Yeps and Nopes of January 2017


Welcome to my first "yeps and nopes" of the month! This is meant to be a monthly update of the things that I have been loving this month and what items didn't really work for me. Not everything listed was purchased in January- they're just the items that I have been using the most. I am not sponsored or paid in any way to review these products. All the products mentioned are cruelty-free and vegan.






Yeps
1. Carli Bybel BH Cosmetics Palette
This palette has been out for a while, but it is limited edition and from what I've heard, they're starting to clear out. So if you've been eyeballing it, now would be the time to snatch it! I love the colors in this palette and it's perfect for everyday eye looks. It also has four highlighters that can also be used on the eyes as well. I use this for almost every eye look and would highly recommend it!

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Palette
So late to this one, but after seeing everyone compare this to the Kat Von D Alchemist Palette, I wanted to try it for myself. It comes with six highlighters that are all beautiful! You can either create a more subtle look or a blinding highlight. This is different than the Kat Von D palette because this isn't a duo-chrome finish. They are extremely pigmented so be careful you don't apply too much! Not like I did that or anything...

3. Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydracharged Complexion Prep Priming Spray
This is one of Urban Decay's newest products and I purchased the smaller size to test it out. First thing I noticed was that it smelled overwhelmingly like coconut. I personally like the scent, but if you're not into coconut, you might not like this. You can use this as a primer, to freshen up during the day, or before applying your skincare products. I love that there are so many uses for it and it is really hydrating. I will definitely be purchasing the larger size once I'm done with this one.

4. Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Tiny Chum and Ultra Matte Lip in Ribbon
I've mainly been using Colourpop items for my lips and these two shades are from the Hello Kitty collaboration. Tiny Chum is described as a "soft mauve" and this is a good everyday color. Ribbon is described as  a "blue red" and it really is the perfect red. The only problem I have with this lipstick is that when I take if off at the end of the day, it does tend to smear everywhere. But the color is so beautiful, that I'm willing to look past that.

5. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Goldie and TGIF
Both of these colors are described as a "brick red", but Goldie is a little more on the orange side to me. Both of these are beautiful colors and I love the way the lippie stix feel when you apply them. They don't stay in place if you're eating with them on, but don't smear too badly either.

6. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in Thirsty Girl and Get Lucky
Thirsty Girl was part of their Holiday 2016 Collection and is described as a "metallic bronze with gold glitter". This is unfortunately no longer in stock- I actually bought a back up because I love this shade so much. Get Lucky is described as a "metallic gold" and it really is the perfect gold eyeshadow.

7. Wet N Wild ProLine Felt Tip Eyeliner
This is the first eyeliner that I have tried from Wet N Wild and I love it! I'm not really good at applying eyeliner, but this stuff awesome! It's super easy to use and doesn't dry up as you're using it. If you struggle with eyeliner, I would highly recommend this one!


Nopes
1. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in Steele and Arrow
I quickly want to point out that there is nothing wrong with these shades- they just weren't for me. Both of them were a little too pink for my liking, but are still pretty colors if you like pink shadows.

2. Wet n Wild Photo Focus Setting Spray
I recently placed an order on Wet n Wild's website and out of all the products I received, this is the only one I didn't really like. Mostly this was because the smell was too overpowering and gave me a headache. I originally sprayed this away from my face to smell it first and since I didn't like the smell, I didn't spray it on my face. I can't say whether or not it works for keeping your makeup in place, because I couldn't get over the smell enough to spray it on my face.

3. e.l.f. Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadows
I have heard so many good things about these, but unfortunately I couldn't make them work for me. The pots are so small that it is kind of hard to really get enough product to apply to your eyelid. I also found that they were hard to blend with other products.

4. e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer
I have tried a few of e.l.f.'s primers before and have really enjoyed them. I decided to try this one since the green is supposed to cancel out redness in the skin. For some reason, this made me breakout every time I used it. Maybe it's not suitable for sensitive skin? If you have really sensitive skin, I would honestly stay clear of this and try one of their other primers.

5. Melt Cosmetics Lipstick in Dark Room
I feel so bad writing about this one because their lipsticks have been so well reviewed by so many people. I don't know if I received a bad one, but this was super dry. It was so dry that I had to press extra hard to even get it on my lips. Which of course made my lips sore. The color was beautiful, but it just isn't worth it to me for my lips to be sore every time I try to wear it.

So that is it for this months "yeps and nopes". I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if there's anything you think I should try out or if you had any similar experiences with these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment