Connect on Social Media

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update Part Two

I originally posted a vegan friendly update including Belfiore Cosmetics, Ittse, Lorac, and Coastal ScentsTo go to that update, please click here. Today I have responses from Whish, IBY Beauty, Essence, and Makeup Revolution. I am currently waiting on responses from Physicians Formula and Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind. I am currently working on vegan list for MUA, Freedom, and LORAC.


I received a product from Whish in a subscription box and wanted to ensure that it was vegan. They very quickly responded to my email with the following message:

"Thank you for reaching out to us! Most of our products are vegan friendly. Our Bath & Body Gel, Sugar Scrub, and Body Butter do contain beeswax, but these are the only products that are not vegan friendly. Some of our products do contain glycerin, but it is 100% plant derived."

I greatly appreciate them offering a full response and I'm excited to try their other products!


I've seen a few YouTuber's mention this brand and thought it was worth looking into. The response I received was:

"Thank you for contacting IBY Beauty.  Our products are cruelty free and we do have some vegan options.  If you type in ‘vegan’ to the search field, it will let you know what your options are."

When I searched "vegan", three results appeared. Not the most vegan friendly in the world, but hopefully they'll have more options soon. You can see the results of my search here.


Essence
I unfortunately had to contact Essence twice in a month to receive a response. The response I received was:

"When producing our decorative products we do not use any ingredients directly derived from animals, such as extracts or animal fat, especially not animals like pig, cattle, sheep or goat. We do, however, use materials such as beeswax, silk, or lanolin (wool fat from sheep) and the natural dye cochenille (CI 75470) which are animal by-products and strictly speaking, from animal origin. The goods have passed the quality control and comply with our high standards and the directives of the World Health Organization."

I did find a website that already has a list of Essence's vegan products- which you can find here.


Makeup Revolution responded within 48 hours to my email, which I really appreciated. This is their response:


"We can confirm that we do not test our products nor ingredients on animals and neither do any third parties (and we are not owned by a parent company). We cannot claim that our products are vegan friendly but we are looking into this soon as we get a lot of requests for this."

Unfortunately their website doesn't list the ingredients, but their products that are sold at ULTA do list the ingredients. I will be creating a vegan list based off of ULTA's website.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment