Connect on Social Media

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Colourpop Studio 1400 and All Nighter Reviews


Colourpop often releases "foursomes" (please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks that it sounds dirty) that feature four Super Shock Shadows. These retail for $18 each- which does save you $2 if you were wanting these shades anyways. Both these foursomes (yup, still thinking it) are cruelty-free and vegan.





All Nighter 

These colors are every neutral color lovers dream come true! They are a mix of finishes and the colors are excellent for either day or night looks. This would be a good starter kit for anyone that it is just starting out their makeup collection. The shades Vega and To-A-T are not up for sale individually at this time. If you're interested in this quad, you can click here.


From top to bottom: Smash, To-A-T, Mooning, and Vega
From top to bottom: Smash, To-A-T, Mooning, and Vega

Smash is described as a "neutral beige with a soft golden sheen" and is in a satin finish. While it is a satin finish, it is definitely very sheer. This one is good for all over the lid as a base for more natural looks. You can see that it has a gold tint to it, but isn't orange or yellow. It shows up really light on my skin tone and I think this would look stunning on darker skin tones.
To-a-T is described as a "mid-tone warm brown" and is in a matte finish. I'm one of those people that love warm tones (because my undertones in my skin are warm), and this shade is no exception! At first glance, this one doesn't look to impressive, but it is beautiful all over the lid!
Mooning is described as a "blackened plum with a violet sheen" and is in a pearilzed finish. While this is sparkly, I think it's more on the sophisticated side. This color is perfect for the crease or in the corner of the eyelid. This color seems to shift its undertones based on the lighting you're in. It can either look like more of a purple brown or reddish brown. Either way, the color is gorgeous! 
Vega is described as a "cool-toned taupe gold sprinkled with gold, pink and violet glitter" and is in the ultra glitter finish. This is easily my favorite out of the set. They don't sell this individually, which is a shame because I would definitely purchase backups!


Studio 1400

Colourpop does occasionally have a "Last Call" for products that they are clearing out and this happens to be one of them. So if you're wanting this quad, now is your chance! It is also on sale from $18 to $14.40. These aren't colors I would normally go for, but they are really beautiful and pigmented! All these colors can be bought separately as well. If you're interested in this foursome, please click here.



From top to bottom: White Rabbit, Static, 8 Track, and Donna
From top to bottom: White Rabbit, Static, 8 Track, and Donna

White Rabbit is described as a "pink copper" and is in the ultra metallic finish. This looked more on the orange side than pink to me. Works for me! This looked beautiful on their website, but is even more stunning in person. I think this would be perfect for a romantic, Valentine's Day look.
Static is described as a "deepened burgundy" and is in the pearlized finish. I don't normally go for purple shadows, but this one is super deep and rich. I think this would be perfect for a smoky eye look.

8 Track is described as a "deep bronze" and is in the pearlized finish. These kinds of shades are by far my favorite. This is an antique gold that is probably my favorite out of the set.
Donna is described as an "emerald green" and is in the pearlized finish. I think this leans more to the teal side than emerald green. It's still a good pop of color that's good for anytime of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment