Connect on Social Media

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Colourpop Kathleen Lights Haul

This is going to be a long post, so bare with me. Kathleen Lights is one of my favorite YouTuber's. She's incredibly down to earth and she has a similar taste in makeup as me. When I saw that her favorites were 20% off, I couldn't click fast enough. Colourpop is affordable, cruelty-free and most of their products are vegan. For a complete list of vegan products, you can check our their FAQ's. I have been warned that when it comes to new releases, they don't always post what products aren't vegan immediately, so just be aware of that. Some of her favorites I already have, but I'm including them in this post as well. If you'd like to see her video of her favorites, you can click here.



Lippie Stix

Top to bottom: Taurus, Chateau, Grunge, Clique, and Trust Me...

These originally retail for $5.00 each and were $4.00 during the sale. They come in a few different finishes and are extremely opaque. They definitely aren't kiss proof and will come off while you're eating, but are so gorgeous that I think we can look past that. I have five to share with you today: Clique, Taurus, Grunge, Trust Me..., and Chateau.

Clique

Clique is described as an "orangey red" and is in the matte finish. This is one of those colors that I automatically go for. If you want something that's bright and festive, Clique is a good option!

Taurus

Taurus is described as a "mid-tone yellow brown" and is in the matte finish. When I applied it, I definitely could see the yellow tint to it. I have yellow undertones in my skin, so this is perfect for me. As far as browns go, I would say that this is a "safer" option if you haven't tried a brown before.

Grunge


Grunge is described as a "mid-tone red brown" and is a matte finish. If this doesn't take you back to the 90's, I don't know what will. I'm personally so happy that brown lipsticks have made a comeback- even if my husband hates it.

Trust Me...

Trust me... is described as a "true red" and is in their matte x formula. This has been one of my favorites for a while because I love a good red lip. This is a good go-to red to wear every day- because I'm one of those people that loves to wear a red lip no matter the occasion.

Chateau

Chateau is described as a "blackened red" and is in their matte x formula. I originally saw this on a YouTuber and had to know what it was. It's so pretty for this time of year and is unlike anything in my collection. I don't know if it was just mine, but this applied rather patchy to my lips.

I realized that Taurus, Grunge, and Chateau looked kind of similar, so here is a comparison swatch:

Top to bottom: Taurus, Grunge, and Chateau



Ultra Matte Lips
Top to bottom: Lumiere 2 and Mama

These are my favorite formula. These retail for $6.00 each and were $4.80 during the sale. I only have two today from the collection: Lumiere 2 and Mama. I already had these shades and they're staples in my collection.

Lumiere 2

Lumiere 2 is described as a "deep dusty mauve". I don't have the original Lumiere, but this color is gorgeous. I have been told that it is slightly different than the original color. This color looks different on everyone, so be mindful of that.

Mama

Mama is described as a "burnt orange". This came out as part of their fall collection this year and it takes everything in me to not wear it every day. It's a perfect orange-red that manages not to be super bright.


Ultra Satin Lips
Top to bottom: Frick n Frack, Point Zero, and November

I've only recently started trying these and I don't know why it's taken me this long. They have the staying power of the ultra matte's, but don't feel as dry. Just like the ultra matte's these retail for $6.00 each and were on sale for $4.80. I have the following colors: Frick n Frack, November, and Point Zero.

Frick n Frack

Frick n Frack is described as a "rosy terracotta". When I applied this to my lips, it looked more on the brown side to me. While I did think it was a pretty color, I didn't find it as opaque as the others. I did have to put on two coats to get the same pigmentation.

November

November is described as a "warm peachy pink". While I don't normally go for these kinds of colors, I was born in November and what can I say? I'm a sucker for names. This is a light pink, but is not pale. While I don't think I'll get a lot of use out of it for this time of year, I think it'd be perfect for the spring time (which is a little strange, considering the name).

Point Zero

Point Zero is described as a "cool toned grey brown". Kathleen said that out of her collection, that this is her favorite. I wouldn't describe this as an every day color, but the color is so unique and I think everyone needs this in their collection.

Highlighters
Left to right: Flexitarian and Lunch Money

These two highlighters are the only two I own so far. The colors are beautiful, but I haven't quite mastered the art of applying cream products. Any suggestions? These are originally $8.00 each and were $6.40 during the sale. The colors I have are: Lunch Money and Flexitarian.

Lunch Money

Lunch money is described as a "soft light gold" and is in their pearilzed finish. This is a very subtle highlight that can be worn every day.

Flexitarian

Flexitarian is described as a "white champagne" and is also pearilzed. This is more of the blinding highlight that many people love. I couldn't believe how pigmented and beautiful this shade is.

Here is a comparison of the two:

Top to bottom: Flexitarian and Lunch Money




Eye shadows


From left to right: Elixir, La La, Thirsty Girl, Midnight, and Muse

Last, but not least, we have the eye shadows. I love the formula of their eye shadows and they have so many to choose from! These retail for $5.00 each and were $4.00 during the sale. I have the following colors: Elixir, La La, Thirsty Girl, Midnight, Muse, Where the Light is kit that includes Glow, Kathleenlights, Blaze, and Cornelious (originally 18, 14.40 during the sale), and Game Face.
Elixir

Elixir is described as a "terracotta" and is in a matte finish. This seems like a great color for all over the lid or transition color and I'm excited to play around with it more.

Top to bottom: Elixir and La La

La La is described as a "metallic soft copper" and is in an ultra metallic finish. This color is so pretty in person. Kathleen said in her video that this shade makes her get the song "La La" by Ashlee Simpson stuck in her head and now I find that happening to me. Not going to lie, I listened to that song as I was doing this swatch.

Top to bottom: Elixier, La La, and Thirsty Girl

Thirsty Girl is described as a "metallic bronze with gold glitter" and is in an ultra glitter finish. This sold out during the sale and I can see why! I don't know if the holiday collection has a different formula, but this one felt extra creamy when I applied it.

Top to bottom: Elixir, La La, Thirsty Girl, Midnight, and Muse

Midnight is described as a "black shadow with gold glitter" and is in an ultra glitter finish. I can see a hint of green to this one as well and think it's perfect for the holidays.

Muse is described as a "metallic rose" and is an ultra metallic finish. I can't decide if I like this one or not because I don't really like pink colors all that much.

Here is a closer look at these shades:

Top to bottom: Elixir, La La, Thirsty Girl, Midnight, and Muse.






















Where the light is foursome includes the shades Glow, Kathleenlights, Blaze, and Cornelious. This set is $18.00 and was $14.40 during the sale.


Top to bottom: Blaze, Kathleenlights, Cornelious, and Glow

Glow is described as a "creamy vanilla" and is in a matte finish. I don't know if it was just mine, but mine felt pretty chalky when I swatched it.

Kathleenlights is described as a "golden copper" and is in their pearilzed finish. I already owned this one and am planning on passing this other one along. Kathleenlights and Game Face are really similar, but definitely different. I will have a comparison picture below.

Blaze is described as "coco bronze" and is in a metallic finish. This is a shade that I can see myself using over and over. I looks like it also has some green or gold in it as well.

Cornelious is described as a "warm caramel" and is in a matte finish. I thought this was going to be too pink, but it is a beautiful warn pink, brown shade. I'm happy that I gave this one a shot!

Game Face

Game face is described as an "ultra metallic intense penny copper" and is in an ultra metallic finish. I already owned this one and it has clearly been used a few times. This is one of my favorite colors. It's darker than Kathleenlights and is more of a bronze.

Top to bottom: Game Face and Kathleenlights




Ok, I'm done.
What are your favorite products from Colourpop? Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment