Connect on Social Media

Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Love of Makeup

I often hear people refer to makeup as "frivolous" or "a waste of time" or that "you don't need it, you're beautiful without it". I'm going to have to stop you right there. I don't wear makeup for anyone but myself. I like playing with it and creating new looks. For me, it's about creativity. Creativity can come in various forms, and this is just one of mine. Does it really bother you that much by what I'm putting on my face? Because it probably shouldn't.

Feminism is about choice. I CHOOSE to wear makeup because I like it. Not because I don't like my appearance and feel that I have to wear it. And even if a woman decides she wants to wear it because she doesn't like how she looks, why is that of your concern? If you want to feel better about yourself by wearing makeup, go for it.

In case you didn't guess, I only use cruelty-free anld vegan makeup. For a few good lists of cruelty-free and non cruelty-free companies see these links: Leaping Bunny and Cruelty-Free Kitty
As to whether or not their products are vegan, you can usually find it on their website or can do a quick google search to find the information. If all else fails, you can email the company asking them about their products. Personally if a company doesn't respond to my email, I won't be purchasing any of their products.

I am by no means a makeup expert. But I would like to expand my blog to also talk about cruelty-free and vegan makeup. So to everyone who loves makeup as much as I do, I hope you'll enjoy my upcoming reviews/collection posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment