Connect on Social Media

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Review

This highly anticipated palette that Kat Von D has spent seven years developing is finally here! And it's vegan! Kat Von D herself is vegan and is slowly changing her line to be completely vegan- yay! For VIB Sephora members, this was available on December 18th and will be available online for everyone else on December 22nd (today) on Sephora and Kat Von D's website. It will be in Sephora stores on January 5th. I have heard from some people that their local Sephora's already have it, but just in the back, and have been able to ask for it and purchase it. This product can be used on your eyes, lips, and face making it extremely versatile. Here are some pictures of the packaging:




The palette looks beautiful and Kat's hard work shows. I do agree with other reviews saying that the palette is really small- it can fit in my hand (see picture below)! Each color is also 1.53 grams. It is priced at $32.00 making the colors $8.00 each. The mirror is also tiny, so I can't imagine actually using it to apply makeup. An upside to the size is that you could easily travel with it.


The colors themselves are called {pink} opal, {ultra-violet} amethust, {green} emerald, and {blue} saphyre. These pictures were taken under a florescent light without natural lighting (darn you, Oregon, getting dark at 4:30), but the colors are still beautiful. I was moving around in the light and the holographic effect is awesome to look at! They also were very creamy and I didn't have to build it up to get a good swatch (I used my fingers for these swatches). I can't wait to play around with this palette more. I think you could create either a dramatic/intense or a subtle look with this palette.



Pictures are not doing it justice. When it catches the light, it's absolutely stunning. I'm a huge fan of this product and will post updates as I use it as an eye shadow, highlighter, and possibly on the lips. Overall, I'm in love! You can purchase the palette at Sephora and Kat Von D's websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment