Connect on Social Media

Friday, January 20, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update

Recently I emailed a few companies to ask if they were cruelty-free and vegan since I couldn't find anything on their websites. The companies that I have received responses from are Belfiore Cosmetics, Ittse, Lorac, and Coastal Scents. I am also currently waiting on responses from IBY, Essence, Makeup Revolution, and Physicians Formula. I am also working with L.A. Girl to create a list of vegan products.


Belfiore Cosmetics
I first heard of this company due to their eye shadow collections. I will say that their customer service was really quick in responding and got back to me the next day. This is their response:


"Thank you so much for reaching out to us!  Our products are cruelty-free but they are not vegan.  We are currently working on providing cruelty-free and vegan products with any future cosmetic product releases.  For updates, please be sure to sign up to our email newsletter.  Thanks again and have a great week!"


So while it's good to see that they're cruelty-free, their products are currently not vegan friendly. I will update this if/when vegan products become available.


Ittse

This company also got back to me the next day, which I really appreciate. Below is their reply to me.
"Thanks you for contacting the ittsē team!
Most of our products are vegan, with a few exceptions where carmine (crushed beetles) are used as a colorant.  Here is a list of items that do contain carmine, listed by category:
Crème Lip Color
Florabunda Low Impact Finish
Florabunda High Impact Finish
Brow – Carmine FREE
Bronzer – Carmine FREE
Illuminator – Carmine FREE
Flawless – Carmine FREE
Cheek Color
Paris Pink
Effervescent
Key Largo
Dreamhouse
Eye Color
Discoteque
The Artist
Sure Shot
Les Macarons
Rose
Matte Shadow
Downtown
Velveteen
Cabin in the Woods
Changing to Flats
Victorian
Demure
Sweater Weather  
Please don’t’ hesitate to reach out should you need more information."


This is great that they provided a list and that most of their products are in fact vegan. I'll have to try out their products.

Lorac
Lorac unfortunately didn't have the greatest response:




"Thank you for contacting LORAC Cosmetics. Unfortunately LORAC does not have a vegan product list to provide to you. Animal products and byproducts are not generally used as main ingredients for LORAC products. However, some animal products, and/or byproducts may be used by suppliers of raw ingredients used in the manufacture of LORAC products. Also, all the ingredients for every product are listed on the LORAC website."

I guess you could go through each product to determine if it's vegan, but this is a problem when there are ingredients like glycerin that can be animal or plant derived. I will be following up with them and try to create a vegan friendly list.






Coastal Scents
I originally messaged them on January 8th and they messaged me back the next day stating that they were cruelty-free, but did not respond to whether or not their products were vegan. I messaged them again and received another response within an hour stating:
"Thank you for your reply. Our products are not certified vegan and we cannot confirm some of the ingredients are derived from animals."


This was discouraging that they are not willing to confirm what ingredients are derived from animals. So I guess I will not be purchasing anything from them. Oh well, plenty more to choose from.


I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment