Connect on Social Media

Monday, January 2, 2017

Amanda Steele X Colourpop Collab Review

As many of you will know, Amanda Steele is a YouTuber who has nearly three million subscribers. And she's only 17! You go, girl. Her collaboration with Colourpop went live on December 26th at 10am PST.  Colourpop released their first pressed eye shadows with this collection, as well as three individual shades in their original formula. The only item in the collection that is not vegan is the eye shadow in the shade "ignition". They also released three lip products- two of which I'll be reviewing today (the other is a lip gloss and I'm just not into lip gloss). So let's jump into it.


Eye Shadows

Weekend Warrior
This pressed powder eye shadow palette was the item that I was most excited to try since Colourpop has never done anything like this. At first, I was a little disappointed in some of the colors because they were rather patchy when I swatched them- which was weird because they felt very soft to the touch.. However, when I applied them to my eyelids mixed with Colourpop's other eye shadows, it blended pretty well. There also wasn't much fallout with these shades. This palette would be perfect for a good smokey look. This retails for $18, making it very affordable.


Throttle
Throttle is described as a "pale pink" and is the only satin finish in this palette. It's not too sparkly and applied really well. It didn't look too pink to me either and this shade is probably the most versatile in the palette. I would mostly use this as an eyebrow highlight, but it could be used all over the lid as well.

Harley
Harley is described as a "cool grey" and is in a matte finish. In the pan, this looked more purple, but is more grey when you apply it. It still had a purple hint to it, making it a unique color. I could definitely use this color with some other eye shadows I use as well.

Burnout
Burnout is described as a "deepened teal" and is in a matte finish. This is the darkest color in the palette. This was one that was harder to swatch, but applied nicely on the lid. It is very pigmented and is build-able. I mixed this with hydroplane on my lid and the result was awesome sauce! 


Chopper
Chopper is described as a "deepened purple" and is in a matte finish. This was the hardest to swatch and took multiple tries to get a good swatch. I haven't used it on my eyes yet, but I'm hoping it'll be like burnout and apply nicely on the eyelids. I've seen some videos of people saying that this was a little patchy, but could be blended out.


Here's a picture of all four swatched together:
Top to bottom: Throttle, Harley, Burnout, and Chopper


Hydroplane
Hydroplane is simply described as a "teal" and is in an ultra glitter finish. I don't normally go for bright colors, but this is so pretty! I used this all over my lid and it really makes your eyes pop! I have brown eyes and I think this would look beautiful on anyone! It was very pigmented and is surprisingly one of my favorites of this collection.


Steele
Steele is described as a "metallic pastel pink with multi-dimensional glitter" and is also in the ultra glitter finish. To be honest, this looked like straight-up glitter to me without much else of a color. I'm really pale and this is how it swatched on me. I don't think I'll be keeping this one in my collection, unfortunately. 

Here is a picture of them side by side:

Top to bottom: Steele and Hydroplane



Lips
Top to bottom; Jiffy and Chaps
For lip colors, they released an ultra matte lip, satin lip, and a lip gloss. I'm not the biggest fan of lip gloss, so I have the other two lip products to review today. I love that the two lip colors are so different than each other in the collection. As with most Colourpop lip products, they are really drying and I'd suggest applying a lip primer before putting on the lip colors.

Jiffy
Jiffy is described as a "dusty mauve" and is a satin lip. This reminded me of tiny chum- I will leave a comparison picture below. I thought this would be too pale on me, but it's actually really pretty! This is a beautiful every day color that anyone can wear.


Chaps
Chaps is described as a "deepened aubergine" and is an ultra matte lip. I didn't think this was as dark as the picture led me to believe. It's absolutely beautiful! I'm really pale, so I love these kinds of shades. I think this would be beautiful on any skin tone, though.

Picture of Tiny Chum and Jiffy:
Top to bottom: Jiffy and Tiny Chum

Overall, I think the collection captures Amanda Steele's style, but it is versatile enough that anyone can wear these products. Even though these aren't the colors I normally go for, I found some new favorites in this collection. It's good to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while. If you're interested, the products can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment