Connect on Social Media

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Kat Von D Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette Review

It's here!!!!!

I'm sorry, too excited.

Kat Von D launched her palette early on her website on January 6th. She's known for having surprise launches and when I saw the email, I was sooooo excited. Yea, I'm not anticipating that I'll calm down. The reason I was so excited for this palette is because most (if not all) of her palette's in the past have not been vegan and this one is! Kat Von D herself is vegan and has stated that she is moving towards an all vegan line and it's good to see her moving in that direction. I've been playing with this palette for a few days so I could give a full review.

OK, onto the swatches.
From bottom to top: Skull, Dagger, Gloom, Doom, Dope, Meow, Clementine, and Star
I thought these colors would be super bright, but they're really soft. This is actually a good thing for me since I don't normally like brighter colors. They feel super creamy and are pigmented when applied to the eyelid and blend really well. When I swatched it on my arm, it didn't look as pigmented (as you can kind of see) and I was a little disappointed. But on the eyelids, it's completely different. I don't know how or why, but I was pleasantly surprised. It really is the most creamy eyeshadow I've tried and I kind of wish all eyeshadows felt this way. It's like butter... but vegan.

At first glance, this palette looks intimidating due to the colors. For me, I think it's very versatile and can be used everyday. I personally really love the orange shade (Clementine) and like to put it all over my lid. All these shades are build-able as well. So you can go real light or go ham (can vegans go ham? Serious question). Primer also makes the eyeshadows stand out more. In my swatches above, I am not using an eyeshadow primer. They did have some fallout, but lasted all day. It's a trade off, I guess.

The packaging is beautiful, as always with Kat Von D and feels really light. I also like how the colors on the packaging go in the same order as the eyeshadows. Did anyone else notice that? Or is that just my weird butt? I can't explain it, but it just feels nice while you're holding it. It also somehow feels sturdy at the same time. What is this sorcery? 

Now, do I think this is a must have? To be honest, no. It's nice to have and I do like it, but I don't think you NEEED it. If you're looking for shades that are outside your comfort zone, this would be a good option because it's not so out there. But if you can't see yourself not using these colors, I don't think your collection will suffer. I tried to make that sound as nice as possible, did I succeed?

As of today, the Kat Von D website is sold out, but is on Sephora's website. This item is limited edition, so if you want it, you better hurry! It retails for $38.

No comments:

Post a Comment