Connect on Social Media

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Colourpop Party Trick Shadow Kit Review


Colourpop has so many new releases that it is sometimes hard to keep up with. They also discontinue items regularly. However, Colourpop recently released some products that were previously discontinued- just in case you missed them before. As far as I know, these are limited edition. One of these items (the Party Trick Shadow Kit) I wanted to try because the colors looked amazing! The shades are also up for individual sale if you already own some of these colors. This set is cruelty-free and vegan. One shade is in the pearilzed finish, one in the satin, and four are in the metallic finish. I will say that all these shades have a ton of glitter, so if you don't like glitter, you wouldn't like these very much.

Valley Girl
Valley Girl is described as a "vanilla with soft gold sheen" and is in the pearlized finish. It's not too gold or flashy in my opinion. This color would be perfect for the inside corners or as an eyebrow highlight. You don't need much of this product either- I only had to swipe once to get this swatch. I sometimes have difficulty finding a highlight for my eyebrow area, but I think this would be perfect. I also think this could be used as a highlighter depending on your skin tone.


Prickly Pear
Prickly Pear is described as a "lavender with gold and violet glitter" and is in a metallic finish. I thought this would be more purple and was surprised by how toned-down it is. If you want to try a safer purple, this would be a good option. It's not bright at all and would look great as an all over the eye. It also has a cool duo-chrome effect to it and the color changes when you move in the light. Many say this is a must have!


Hot Tamale
Hot Tamale is described as a "rich coppery brown multi-dimensional pearl" and is in a satin finish. This one is so pretty! I think I would mostly use this in the crease myself. It's a brownish-red that is a good every day warm eye shadow.


Birthday Girl
Birthday Girl is described as a "light gold with silver and pink glitter" and is in a metallic finish. This is definitely on the pink side and I can't decide if I like it or not since I don't normally like pink eye shadows. The silver glitter is very apparent though- which is a plus for me. I've seen people use this over a gold and the result is stunning. This is a unique shade that I have not found in any other collection.


Cheap Date
Cheap Date is described as a "true gold with silver sparkles" and is in a metallic finish. This is definitely my favorite of the bunch and I used it on New Year's Eve. This really is a true gold and adds a pop to any eye color. This is probably one of the more glittery ones, so be aware of that when removing it at the end of the day. This is one of the best golds I've ever come across, so if you like gold eye shadows, you need this in your collection!


Moonshine
Moonshine is described as a "chocolate brown with gold glitter" and is in a metallic finish. Like hot tamale, this is a good every day color. It has more of a gold undertone (obviously) and I know some people aren't a fan of that, but I am! Like the others in this kit, it is glittery, but I didn't see fallout so much with this one.


Top to bottom: Valley Girl, Prickly Pear, Hot Tamale, Birthday Girl, Moonshine, and Cheap Date



Overall, I think I will be using this set a lot! The colors are so gorgeous and can be worn as an every day look, or smoked-out. If you haven't tried Colourpop, I would highly recommend one of their kits like this one. This set is $25.00 and can be purchased here.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment