Connect on Social Media

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Books I Read This Month: February and March 2017

So little time, so many books to read. Welcome my fellow book lovers to my blog! Now is when I list the books that I have been enjoying the past month. Usually I would post this once a month, but I combined the past two months since I had surgery on my hip in March and wasn't on here as much. Better late than never! If you have any books recommendations, please let me know below.

  
1. Perfect by Sara Shepard
2. Unbelievable by Sara Shepard
3. Wicked by Sara Shepard
4. Killer by Sara Shepard
In January I read the first two books of the Pretty Little Liars series and I've been making my way through the series. The TV series is returning soon and I've never read the books, so I thought I'd give them a shot before watching the last season of PLL. So far I have been really enjoying the series, even though it is very different than the show. It is interesting to read the books though when you've been watching the show for so many years.




5. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
I really enjoyed the book Gone Girl by the same author and I found this book in a used bookstore. I figured since I liked Gone Girl so much, I'd probably like this book as well. It is about a journalist who works in Chicago, but is sent to cover a story in her home town of Wing Gap. Two young girls have been found dead and there are strange circumstances surrounding their deaths. I loved the mystery and would highly recommend to any other fan of this genre.






6. Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
This is one of those books that I've owned for a while that I, for some reason or another, hadn't gotten around to reading. The story is told between two different perspectives. One is the town in Ukraine where the authors mother was born and the other is a young Jewish man who goes back to the town to find lost memories from its past. I love history and enjoyed the perspective that the author presented.




7. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
I'm one of those people that will see J.K. Rowling's name and scream "Harry Potter!" so I was curious to read this other book by her. While this is obviously very different than Harry Potter, I still enjoyed the story of a little town with its interesting characters and story-line. It does start out rather slow, but was engaging enough to keep me reading. Once you get to the plot line, it's completely worth the read, trust me.







8. My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella has also written two other books I've read- Confessions of a Shopaholic (which is a whole series) and Finding Audrey. This story follows a young woman named Katie (Cat) who has moved to London and is trying to reinvent herself and portray that she has the perfect life. When she loses her job, she moves back to her hometown and helps her dad and stepmother with their new glamping business. She thinks that her old boss, Demeter, has the perfect life, but comes to realize otherwise when Demeter comes to her neck of the woods and she sees first hand how Demeter's life is not so perfect after-all (much like Katie's).


Thank you for reading!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

Past Books I Read This Month:
January 2017
December 2016



50 Book Challenge Tally: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment