Connect on Social Media

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Yeps and Nopes March 2017

Welcome to my monthly "Yeps and Nopes" where I talk about the products that I have been loving and a few that just didn't work for me. This month I haven't been wearing makeup as much due to surgery on my hip at the beginning of the month, but I still had some things that I wanted to share. A lot of these items I have previously reviewed and I will link those reviews at the bottom of the page. I am not sponsored or paid to talk about these products. All the products mentioned are cruelty-free and vegan.



Yeps

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit
If you read my review of this product, then this should come as no surprise to you. I absolutely love the shade selection and the highlighters themselves are just gorgeous! You only need the tiniest amount and I don't think they are glittery at all. The only con I could possibly see with this is the fall-out, but I don't really see that as a big deal. I love using the shade Forever Lit and mixing it with other shades to make them extra blinding!

From top to bottom: Bubbly, Flipper, White Rabbit, and Glazed


2. Pretties for Your Face Eyeshadow in Bubbly
This is one of my favorite brands by far. I have never been disappointed in any of her products, plus the owner seems really sweet. She has a YouTube channel that you can check out as well. This is one of the newer shades and she recently made this into a highlighter as well. The eyeshadow is so pigmented and creamy and I've just been reaching for all month.

3. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in Flipper and White Rabbit
Flipper was previously discontinued and Colourpop brought it back for the spring collection. I love this color all over the lid and although it doesn't feel like spring yet (at least in not in Oregon), this is a fun color for the spring. White Rabbit has been one of my favorites for a while and is just such a unique color. I'm just waiting for it to actually feel like spring!

4. Colourpop Highlighter in Glazed
I'm normally not the biggest fan of cream highlighters, but this is so easy to use and is beautiful on the skin. This is one of Colourpop's tie-dye highlighters and I just love the color payoff you get with this. I have worn this over powder as well and it actually works! Colourpop also has a really wide range of shades when it comes to highlighters, so there really is something for every skin tone.


5. Colourpop The Knockout Pressed Powder Face Duo
This is also part of their spring collection and this is my favorite of the duos that they have released. The shades are super pigmented, so be sure to use a light hand. These shades are perfect for the spring and I've been using this pretty much everyday. These are also limited edition, so I'd recommend picking one up!

Nopes

1. L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipsticks
I bought a few shades of these and just didn't like them at all. They weren't really pigmented and almost looked sheer. I also had to press pretty hard to even get it onto my lips. Overall, just not something I would recommend.

2. Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Highlighting Palette
I actually did a review of this palette and at first I thought it was really pretty. Really the only thing I like in this is the highlighter, but for the price I feel like I should like the blush and bronzer too. You really have to dig your brush into the pans to get any product. I think you can find cheaper alternatives that work better.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


Vegan Lists and Updates:

Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment