Connect on Social Media

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update Part Five

If you're anything like me and use cruelty-free and vegan products, there's a chance you have come across brands where you're not sure of their cruelty-free status or if they have vegan friendly options. There are so many companies that I couldn't find information on, so I wanted to post them here for other people as well. I am waiting on responses from a number of companies right now and will be posting more updates as I receive them. For other vegan friendly updates and vegan lists, please check out the links located at the end of this post.

Not Your Mother's
I have heard from a number of people that Not Your Mother's haircare is amazing, so I had to look into the brand. They answered my email quickly with this statement:

"Thank you for reaching out to Not Your Mother’s Haircare! Our products are plant based materials, and does NOT contain any animal products or byproducts (besides our Royal Honey & Kalahari Melon Line due to the Honey) and is NEVER tested on animals. However, there is a stronger definition to the term Vegan than many consumers realize, which has to do with certification of the manufacturing facility and such, which is why we cannot legally declare our product to be vegan even though we follow all necessary guidelines for it to be considered.  Our manufacturing facility is not certified as Vegan "proof" although they too do not use any animal products or test on animals. So it truly depends on how closely / strictly you follow the Vegan lifestyle. We hope this answers your question!"

I appreciated their thorough response and I don't think a company has ever done this! I'm excited that the majority of their products are vegan and will be looking into their products in the future.

Jesse's Girl
If you watch YouTube videos, there's a pretty good chance that you've heard of this brand. They are cruelty-free, so I emailed them about their vegan-friendly options. Their response was:

"Thank you for contacting us.  Some items are vegan friendly, but most are not. Please see individual product ingredients on the product pages to confirm. Visit jessesgirlcosmetics.com for more information."

I'm disappointed that most of their products are not vegan-friendly and that they just reference their ingredients page. The main reason that I dislike when companies do this is because some ingredients (such as glycerin) can either be synthetic, animal, or plant derived.

Murad
As someone who has had acne since middle school, I'm always looking for skincare that actually works. Many people recommend Murad and I knew they were cruelty-free, but was not sure about their vegan-friendly options. They responded with:

"Most importantly we want to share that Murad does not test our products on animals.

While the vast majority of our topical formulas are vegan, a small number do contain trace amounts of natural ingredients like honey and beeswax as well as some marine derived compounds. If you have a question about a specific product, please let us know. We’d be happy to confirm for you that the products you are using are vegan or to customize an entirely vegan regimen for you.

We hope that this information has been helpful to you. Please let us know if we can assist you further."

While I'm happy that most of their products are vegan, I'm sure many of you reading know how annoying it is to ask about every single product that you're interested in.

Just for Redheads
I found this company through Twitter and it appealed to me since I have red hair and fair skin and their products are geared towards that audience. Here is their response:

"Our products are all cruelty-free, but most of our products are vegan. If you give us the specific products you are viewing, we can give you more detailed responses on ingredients."

This seems to be the most common answer I've been receiving lately where they want you to ask about every product your interested in. I'm mostly interested in their eyebrow products since I can never find anything that matches my hair, so I'll have to follow up with them.

Grande Cosmetics
I first saw this brand on Instagram and their products look so pretty! I was very happy with their response:

"Thank you for contacting Grande Cosmetics.  We do not test any of our products on animals. Our products are indeed cruelty free and vegan."

My reaction is just an overwhelming "woot!". Will definitely be checking out this company in the future.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment