Connect on Social Media

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Violet Voss Matte About You Palette Review


If you're like me and you spend a good amount of time on social media, there's a pretty good chance that you've heard of Violet Voss before. They have been releasing beautiful palettes- including one with Laura Lee. People seem to really love or hate these, but I wanted to test them for myself. When I saw that they were releasing an all matte palette, I decided to purchase this one and the Holy Grail palette (partly for comparison purposes and partly because it was pretty- don't judge).

Violet Voss is a cruelty-free brand and many of their items are vegan-friendly as well. To find vegan items, just type "vegan" into their search bar and it'll show you all the vegan option (or just click here). This palette is $45.00 for 20 shadows that are 1.8 grams each- that's $2.25 per eyeshadow.

From top to bottom: Sweetheart, Infatuation, Sweet Talk, Mesmerized, and Mi Amor
The shades "Mesmerized" and "Mi Amor" were very chalky and felt scratchy when swatching them. The others in this row felt soft and creamy, so I don't know why these two shades didn't have the same formula. Also, "Mi Amor" is not a good black shade at all. It took about ten layers (not exaggerating) for me to get this swatch. It just wasn't very pigmented. All the others in this row were very pigmented.

From top to bottom: Mad Love, Crush, Smitten, Heavenly, and Tender
These all felt like they were the same formula and they were all super pigmented. The only complaint I have about this row is that all the shades are very similar and I wish they were more unique.


From top to bottom: Beloved, Adorbs, Yearning, Desire, and Passion
The shades "Adorbs" and "Desire" were that same scratchy/chalky feeling as a few in the first row. Not really sure what's going on there.


From top to bottom: Crazy Love, Romantical, Thirsty, Darling, and Sweet
The shade "sweet" had that weird formula again and wasn't very pigmted- again had to do multiple swatches. The shade "Romantical" was also not very pigmented. I have the same complaint with this row as the second in that the shades are very similar to each other.

While doing these swatches, the eyeshadows had a lot of fall-out and were the same way when I applied them to my eyelids. The shades also blend together instead of complimenting each other. I was so confused why this palette was (frankly) crap. It's inconsistent with the pigmentation and formula and I think for the price, it should be a better quality product.

Since I also bought the HG palette, I compared the formula to that one and the HG palette was so much better. I didn't have any of the problems that I had with the Matte About You palette. I don't know if I got a dud or if they're all like this, but I would recommend skipping this one and going for another one of their palettes.

If you are still interested in this palette, you can click here.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


Vegan Lists and Updates:

Recent Reviews:
March 2017 Yeps and Nopes

No comments:

Post a Comment