Connect on Social Media

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Colourpop Monochromatic Nectar Spring Release Review

Colourpop is releasing their spring collection in phases, the first one being a nectar phase. Their second phase (pink) launched yesterday morning. I haven't heard what their next phase will be, but I'm kind of hoping it'll be a red collection since I LOVE red lipstick. I won't be reviewing the second phase because pink just isn't a color I use a lot in my makeup routine. While everything in the collection is cruelty-free, the Drop of a Hat Blush and Savage Pressed Powder are not vegan. The rest of the collection is vegan friendly.


The Knockout Pressed Powder Face Duo
This duo is the first of its kind and works for most skin tones. For reference, I have fair skin with yellow, warm undertones. The palette is definitely on the warm toned side so if you're like me and love warm toned shades, you'll love this duo!



Excuse My French is described as a "soft peach" and is a matte blush. There is some fall-out with this powder, so be sure to have a light hand with this product. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I really love shades like this and think I will get a lot of use out of it.
Like to Watch is described as a "peach with a duochorome gold flip" and is a pearlized highlighter. I think I like this one just a little more than the Alexis Ren highlighter. I don't know how this would look on darker skin tones though because it is really light. This is definitely a peachy shade, but looks gold depending on the light. It is a subtle highlighter, but you can build it up. I did notice that it did emphasize the texture on my face, so I think the next time I try it, I'll use a primer meant to cover up pores.

Shadows

Blow Me Away Pressed Powder Shadow Palette
From top to bottom: Slim Fit, Centerfold, Issues, Take a Break, and Cut-Outs


Slim Fit is described as a "hot red coral" and is in the matte finish. This shade is extremely pigmented and bright. I don't normally go for these shades, so I don't think I'll personally be keeping this one.
Centerfold is described as a "vibrant coral" and is in the matte finish. This one and Slim Fit are pressed pigments and the website says to not use these in the immediate eye area. Again, not the biggest fan of pink so I don't think I'll be keeping this one either.
Issues is described as a "pastel peach" and is in the matte finish. This is a super light color, but it really pretty all over the lid or in the crease. You can also build is it up and it really is pretty on the eyelids.
Take a Break is described as a "duochrome peach with a subtle gold flip" and is in the metallic finish. This shade is so pretty as a brow highlight and the inner corners.
Cut-Outs is described as a "dusty coral" and is in a matte finish. This one is not in the palette. This is my favorite shade out of the eyeshadows by far. It does have fall-out and is very powdery. It is also super pigmented, so make sure that you don't go too heavy handed with it (I accidentally did that the first time I used it).


From right to left: Flipper, One by One, and Going Rogue

Flipper is described as a "soft tangerine with a ton of silver glitter" and is in the metallic finish. This shade was previously discontinued and I'm so happy that they brought it back! I wore this color all over my lids today and I'm in love! I just might have to pick up an extra one of these.
One by One is described as a "pastel peach" and is in the pearlized finish. I feel like a broken record at this point, but again not a huge fan of the pink. This one looks like a lot of other shades they have as well so I don't think it's unique.
Going Rogue is described as a "silvery peach" and is in the pearlized finish. This one looks more white when you first swatch it, but you can see the peach pop in the light. I think I'd mainly use this one for underneath my brow, but it is really pretty!

Lips
From top to bottom: Jacquard, Likely, The Twirl, and Exaggerated

From top to bottom: Jacquard, Likely, The Twirl, and Exaggerated
I honestly didn't care for any of these shades on my skin tone. So this part of my review is very short as I just don't really like these on me.
Jacquard is described as a "true coral" and is in the ultra satin finish. This one looks very similar to The Twirl and I thought this was going to be a deeper pink by the picture online.
Likely is described as a "soft peach nude" and is in the ultra satin finish. This one swatched darker on my skin than on my lips- I don't really know what is up with that. I think if you have a darker skin tone than me, this would be a good shade for you.
The Twirl is described as a "pinky coral" and is in the ultra matte finish. The swatch of this one online looked darker than it does in real life- it's a really bright pink. Definitely not my style.
Exaggerated is described as a "true peach" and is in the ultra satin finish. This one is also much brighter in person. I don't really know why these were all super bright compared to the swatches they have online honestly.

From top to bottom: Faded and Oversized

From top to bottom: Faded and Oversized

Faded Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil are described as a "rosy coral" and is in a crème finish. This is easy my favorite shade in the collection and I love the new formula. It is not transfer proof at all so be aware of that! It feels super hydrating on the lips as well. It does look lighter on my lips than the swatch on my arm.
Oversized Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil are described as a "vibrant yellow peach" and is in a crème finish. This one also has the same nice formula, but I wasn't all that crazy for the color. I think I would've liked this shade if it was a little darker.


Overall this wasn't my favorite collection. That is just my personal opinion based on my preferences and skin tone. If you like bright pinks and the shades work for you, then you would like this collection. To shop the collection click here.

Here is a look I did with some of the products:
I am using the highlighter and blush, Faded Lippie Pencil and Lippie Stix, Flipper, Cut-Outs, Issues, and Take a Break.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment