Connect on Social Media

Friday, March 3, 2017

Yeps and Nopes February 2017

Welcome to my February 2017 "yeps and nopes" of the month! This list is comprised of items that I have been loving this month and some that just didn't work for me. I am not sponsored or paid in any way to review these products. All the products mentioned are cruelty-free and vegan.








Yeps

Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant
I received this item in a Petit Vour a few months ago and at first I was dubious about a cream deodorant and almost didn't try it, but I'm glad I did! A lot of deodorants make me sweat more for some reason or just don't last all day, but I don't have that problem with this deodorant (even when I work out!). I actually loved this so much that I bought another one off their website.

Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo with Jujube Bark Extract
If you're like me and you have oily/greasy hair, you need this in your life. I've never found a shampoo that works for my hair like this does. I can even go a few days between washes with this products- pretty much unheard of for me. The only negative thing I have to say about this shampoo is the price- it retails at $38. To me it's worth it because it works so well!

KL Polish
I recently purchased a few shades from KL Polish and have tried the shades "Zoey", "Brick Sidewalk" and "Caramello" so far. They are very opaque, dried quickly, and lasted a long time. I also purchased her limited edition birthday shade in "Das Esspensive XXV" and it's gorgeous! Kathleen Lights said that she's releasing some colors for the spring and I will definitely be purchasing more of her nail polishes!
Top to bottom: Little Weapon and Honey Pie

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips in Honey Pie and Little Weapon
The first shade is only available in the Valentines Day Short and Sweet kit and it is limited edition. The second is part of the Alexis Ren collection. Both are beautiful shades of red and I've been wearing them nonstop. Both of the colors are very opaque and last all day.


Some of my favorite shades from the palette

Juvias Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette
I've viewed so many videos on YouTube of people using this palette and decided to get it myself. It is very pigmented, easy to blend, and super creamy. I love the shade selection in this palette as well. I would say that the hype around this product is well deserved!


Top to bottom: Top Notch and Shameless

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Shameless and Pressed Powder in Top Notch
When I saw the shade Shameless, I knew that I wanted to wear it to a concert I went to this month. And it really is perfect. It's a green with gold glitter in it and is beautiful all over the lids. Top Notch is one of the new pressed powder eyeshadows by Colourpop and this is one of my favorite in the bunch. It doesn't look like anything special in the pan, but is absolutely gorgeous all over the lid.

Nopes

BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Illuminating BB Cream
My first problem with this BB cream is the shade selection. The lightest shade was unfortunately too dark for me. My second problem with this product is that the pump was broken- making it difficult to use. I gave up with this product after two uses because I didn't think the quality was there.

Becca Backlight Filter Face Primer
I wouldn't say that this is a bad primer, but it definitely isn't the best. It didn't really do anything for my dry skin or help the foundation stay on longer. It was just kind of a "meh" product to me.

e.l.f. Moisturizing Foundation Stick
The only I problem I have with this foundation is the shade selection. Like many other e.l.f. products, the lighted shade was still too dark for me. Which is a real shame because the finish was really nice. It is very hydrating, so if you have dry skin, you would really like this. If you can find it in your shade, I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you so much for reading my blog!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

Past Yeps and Nopes:
January 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment