Connect on Social Media

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Vegan Update Part Three

In an effort to find cruelty-free and vegan makeup, I often email companies on their policies for animal testing and if their products are vegan-friendly. For past vegan updates, please follow the links at the bottom of the page. I am also creating vegan lists for Makeup Revolution, MUA, and Freedom. I'm also waiting on responses from Note Cosmetics, IMAN Cosmetics, Klean Color, Naked Cosmetics, and IT Cosmetics.

I received an item from VINTAGE in a monthly subscription box and wanted to make sure that they were cruelty-free and if they had vegan options. I sent an email on February 1st and when I didn't receive a response, I emailed again on February 13th and received a response on the same day stating:
"Hello. We are vegan :)"

I'm very happy to learn that they are vegan and look forward to trying their products in the future!

Their website says they're cruelty-free, but did not find information on vegan products. This was their response to my email:
"Thank you for contacting J. Cat Beauty! We are a cruelty free brand but not Vegan."

So while it I great that they are cruelty-free, I wish they were also vegan friendly.

They're website says that they're cruelty-free, but doesn't state if they're vegan friendly. Due to copy right, I cannot post exactly what they said, but they did state that their products are vegetarian. The only ingredient that some products contain that is not vegan friendly is beeswax. I have emailed them to find out what products contain beeswax and will write an update when I receive a response.

I don't remember where I heard of Frankie Rose Cosmetics from, but wanted to find out more about the brand. Here is their response:
"The Frankie Rose Cosmetics/ Joss Cosmetics LLC Family is committed to the elimination of animal cruelty testing. We do NOT conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients nor do our products contain any animal parts."

It's great to hear that they are both cruelty-free and vegan friendly!
The response I received from Palladio wasn't all that great:
"As a company, we do not test our products or any of their ingredients on animals.
An exception can only be made if regulatory authorities require it for safety and/or regulatory purposes.
Our products are not vegan as some do contain animal by-products."

The part about "except when required" worries me that they might possibly sell in China and test on animals as it is requires companies to test on animals. I would feel uneasy recommending this brand.

I first saw this company on HauteLook and had never heard of them, so I decided to contact them. Their response was:
"Thank you for your interest in Edward Bess. Some of our products contain beeswax which prevents us from being vegan friendly. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions."

Their website does have the ingredients listed and I will be making a list of vegan products.

I heard about this brand through BoxyCharm and thought their lip products looked interesting. Their response was:
"Yes. We are vegan friendly and Certified Cruelty Free."

Considering that their products are in a pretty good price range, I think it's safe to say that I will be trying out some of their products.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.

Past Vegan Updates:
 Vegan Friendly Update
Vegan Friendly Update Part 2

Vegan List:
L.A. Girl

Recent Reviews:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit Review
Colourpop X Alexis Ren Collaboration Review
Colourpop Pressed Eyeshadows Review

No comments:

Post a Comment