Connect on Social Media

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Vegan Update Part Ten

In an effort to find cruelty-free and vegan makeup, I often email companies on their policies for animal testing and if their products are vegan-friendly. For past vegan updates, please follow the links at the bottom of the page. I also have a complete list of cruelty free and vegan options from companies I have emailed- which you can find here.

I first saw this brand on Ulta and was curious about them. Their website does state that they are cruelty free. They also answered me quickly with this reply:
"Thanks for your request.
Our products are cruelty free, but no vegan."

Since they don't have vegan options, I will unfortunately not be purchasing from this brand.

This brand is super affordable and I was really hoping they'd have some vegan options. Their website does state that they are cruelty free. They also answered the same day with this reply:
"Thank you for contacting City Color with your inquiry..
Could you be specific about which products that you are refereeing? So I can give you the correct answer.
Have a lovely day."

I personally don't like when brands want you to email them about every single product, so I think I'll be passing on them for now.

Sugar Cosmetics
I can't remember where I first heard of this brand, but I couldn't find any information about them. Their response:
We would like to inform you that we do not test our ingredients or finished products on animals - neither do we work with entities who do so. Also, we don't give a guarantee of 100% vegan products as few products in our range might contain beeswax etc ingredients."

I followed up and asked if they had a list of all ingredients that are vegan friendly. They answered the same day:

"Request you to please let us know the names of products the category you are looking for so that we can help you with the details of the same."

As with City Color Cosmetics, I will be passing on this brand for now.


This brand I've seen mentioned a few times on YouTube. They answered the same day with this response:
"Many thanks for your email and interest in our luxury brand.

In response to your question, the glycerin in our UK manufactured products are all vegetable sourced glycerin.  Our UK manufactured products are all displayed on our website at www.gracecole.co.uk

We have a Luxury Bathing Gifting Range that is found in the market place, and these products contain Glycerin which is potentially derived from animal sources.  These are not sold via our website.
Some of our products contain animal derived by-products, such as Lanolin, Beeswax and Mel Honey extracts.

We at Grace Cole are Against Animal Testing, and our products proudly bare the symbol to indicate this, in compliance with European Law, Regulation (EC) 1223/2009."
I appreciate the detailed response and I'm happy that they are cruelty free and have vegan options!

This is a brand I've seen around a lot lately. They are cruelty free. I had to email them on March 1st, March 24th, May 22nd, June 11th, June 26th, July 19th, August 3rd, and August 22nd to get a response. Their response:
" Thank you for contacting NOTE Cosmetics, I am happy to assist you with your question regarding our products.

While our products are high quality and manufactured in our own medical grade plant in Europe, we do not guarantee they are vegan.

We hope we have answered all your questions.  Let us know if we can help you with something else."
I'm disappointed that it took me emailing them so many times to get a response and that they don't clearly state their vegan options.

I can't remember where I first saw this brand, but I couldn't find anything about this brand. They responded quickly with this response:
Thank you so much for reaching out to us! All of our products are cruelty free and gluten free. Only one of our products is not vegan, which is our Rescue Balm. That product contain beeswax. All of our other products are vegan!"

I'm so happy that they are cruelty free and have so many vegan options!


This brand cruelty free and I was curious about their vegan options. They emailed me back on the same day:
"Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for your message. Yes we are, none of our ingredients are animal product derived. :)"

This is great news and I'll have to check them out more in the future!

I didn't know anything about this brand, so of course I had to email them. They answered the same day with this response:
"Thank you for your email inquiry. The Village Company is strongly against testing products here or at outside laboratories on animals. All of our products and ingredients are ‘cruelty-free’, although our Bath Shoppe Milk Bath products do contain animal derived ingredients such as milk protein. This statement is noted on our product labels because we know how important it is to so many consumers."

I'm happy that they are cruelty free with vegan options!

Also, please be sure to check out my YouTube channel!


No comments:

Post a Comment