Connect on Social Media

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Yeps and Nopes August 2017

Welcome to my August 2017 "yeps and nopes" of the month! This list is comprised of items that I have been loving this month and some that just didn't work for me. I am not sponsored or paid in any way to review these products. All the products mentioned are cruelty-free and vegan.












Yeps


1. e.l.f. Matte Blush Duo
e.l.f. is one of my favorite brands that I am constantly finding new favorites from. This blush duo is very pigmented, creamy, and affordable- don't know what else you could ask for! I have been using the shades either separately or mixed together. Really can't go wrong either way.


This palette is not only good for the cheeks, but for the eyes as well. I've been using the contour shade in my crease and the highlighter all over the lids for a simple everyday look. I do use the contour shade and blush on my cheeks as well and I love it!


This is new to my collection and is from the new summer collection recently released. This shade looks more glittery in the pan and while it does still look glittery, it comes across as more of that wet affect on the eyelids. It also doesn't feel like chunky glitter and doesn't have fallout. I've been loving this shade this month to use all over my eyelids.


I did a full review on this palette, so this probably doesn't surprise anyone. I did do a full review on this palette as well (you can find it here). But I've been using this a lot this month and would really recommend it!


I'm new to Makeup Revolution, but I know that a lot of people love their highlighters. This shade in particular is so unique- it's like a pink with a purple shift. I don't have anything like this in my collection and I've been loving this shade this month.

I don't have too many finishing sprays in my collection, so I thought I'd try one out from the drugstore. I love using this for setting my makeup and for spraying on my brush before applying highlighter (such as the one mentioned above). This gives an amazing effect, so I've been using it for most of the month.

Picture of me wearing the e.l.f. lipstick

If you watch my on YouTube or follow me on Instagram and have seen me with a red lipstick on, it was probably this one. This is the perfect red and I love how creamy and pigmented it is. It's also only a dollar!

This is pretty new to my collection, but I already love it. It's different than any other primer I've tried, so it's kind of hard to explain. But it does hydrate my skin, make pores disappear, and make my makeup last all day- pretty much everything I look for in a primer.

I've been using this almost everyday and I'm surprised by how much I love it. It has a matte finish, but doesn't feel matte on the skin. Usually with my dry skin, I don't like matte foundations, but I really like this one!

I was so excited to see Colourpop releasing a new concealer that I had to try it. I like the coverage this gives when I put it over any blemishes. I will say if you have dry skin to make sure you use a hydrating primer and foundation if you're going to use this- otherwise it can looking cakey. I do thing Colourpop needs to come out with more shades- so maybe they will in the future.

Essence is well known for their mascaras and I've tried a few, but this one is by far my favorite. I do have naturally long eyelashes so I look for something that's going to make them darker and make them pop a little more. I love what this does for my lashes and will continue to use it!

My next few favorites are from e.l.f.- brace yourselves. I've been using this everyday in my waterline and it lasts all day on me. I have really watery eyes, so I have a hard time finding something that will last all day on me. This definitely does and it's super affordable!

I didn't expect much from this concealer, but I actually really like it. It doesn't crease on my and illuminates my under eyes. I've never heard anyone talk about this concealer, but I would definitely recommend checking it out!

I'm someone who loves a good matte lip, but sometimes they can be difficult to remove. I've been putting this on my lips, rubbing them together, and then removing the lipstick with a wipe. This has been working really well for me and it saves my lips from being rubbed to death.

I've never used a water essence, so I don't have anything to compare this too, but I have really been liking this. It's very hydrating, plus smells amazing. I love having that extra boost of moisture for my dry skin.

Nopes
These are new to e.l.f., so I really wanted to try them. Unfortunately, I didn't like these. They would take off my makeup as I applied and wouldn't stay in place. e.l.f. has a lot of products that I love, but I just didn't get along with this one.

I don't know if it's this product in particular or just baked highlighters in general that I don't like. I found that this emphasized texture and didn't really give me a glow. If you have clearer or more oily skin, maybe this would work for you, but it just didn't for me.

This last one was something that I was trying to use up, but I couldn't do it. I just don't like the way this feels on my skin. It feels like a lip balm to me. It didn't absorb into my skin the way I'd want it to either. Overall, just not something I liked for my dry skin.

Please don't forget to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe!


Past Yeps and Nopes:
June 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment