Connect on Social Media

Friday, May 26, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update Part Seven

Welcome to another vegan friendly update! Today I have responses from Cargo Cosmetics, Laura Geller, LA Splash Cosmetics, Skinn Cosmetics, Treat Organic Beauty, and Bad Medina. I have a long list of companies that I am awaiting responses from. I am also creating vegan lists for Makeup Revolution, SheaMoisture, LORAC, and Lipstick Queen. For other vegan lists and vegan updates, please check out the links at the bottom of the page.

Cargo Cosmetics is a brand we've all pretty much heard of, so I wanted to see if they had vegan friendly options. Their response:
"Some of the products in our line do contain animal derivatives such as carmine, beeswax, and petroleum. Full ingredients for all produts are listed on our website."


First, they did spell "products" incorrectly when they sent me the message, which is why I kept it the same here. I sent them a follow-up email to see if they had a full list of ingredients were animal derived. Their second response:
"The ingredients below are examples of non-vegan friendly ingredients. Please let me know if you are interested in any specific products and I can advise of the ingredients."

In the second email, they meant to say "above", not "below". I didn't particularly like their response, since they didn't really answer my question.


Some of Laura Geller's products were on sale during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event and I've heard good things about them. This was their response:
"Thank you for reaching out today. Please follow up with us if you would like to find out the Vegan friendly status of specific products."

Like many other companies, they want you to send them the products you're interested in and they'll tell you if it's vegan or not. I find this annoying since it would just be easier for the company to have a vegan list, rather than have potential customers repeatedly sending emails.



I first noticed this brand on HauteLook. Since I hadn't heard of them before, I emailed them and received the following response:
" Hello and thank you for contacting LASplash cosmetics we appreciate your interest in our products. We are cruelty-free. We never test on animals, we actually test all of our products on our employees. Everything is made here at our facility in Temple City, California.
Our Liquid Lipstick collections ( Lip Couture, Smitten, Studio Shine, and Velvet Matte)  do not contain any animal by-products, beeswax nor carmine colorants.
Although all of this information is not on our website, we are working on adding it.
Although we do not claim to be vegan we try to use non animal products. We do offer some vegan products which are labeled on our website.
I hope this answers  your question and if you have any other inquiries please feel free to let me know."

I appreciate their detailed answer and I'm excited that they have vegan options available!



This is yet another brand I saw on HauteLook and wanted to check out. I did have to email them two separate times to receive this response:
"We do not test on animals nor use animal ingredients."


Great to hear that they don't use animal ingredients! They are also on Hautelook again today starting at 8am PST.

Ok, last brand from Hautelook. They did back to me on the same day with this response:
"Our lip balms are made with beeswax. Everything else is vegan."

I purchased one of their creams after I received this response and will definitely have to look for them on Hautelook again!


I believe I first heard of this brand on YouTube (would anyone really be surprised?). They also responded quickly with the following message:
"Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, Our products are vegan friendly."


So happy to hear that they are vegan friendly as well!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.

Thank you for checking out my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment