Connect on Social Media

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Books I've Read This Month August 2017

Welcome my fellow book lovers to my blog! Now is when I list the books that I have been enjoying the past month. If you have any books recommendations, please let me know below. This month I mainly focused on finishing the PLL series and books from authors whose books I've previously read.




1. Deadly by Sara Shepard
2. Toxic by Sara Shepard
3. Vicious by Sara Shepard
4. Ali's Pretty Little Lies by Sara Shepard
This month I finished the Pretty Little Liars series. I also read Ali's Pretty Little Lies that is told from Ali's point of view. I did like how the books ended better than how the TV series. If you haven't read the books, I would highly suggest checking them out.







5. The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon
This is by the same author of Everything, Everything- which is another book I enjoyed. The events in this book take place mostly in one day and is focused around two main characters- Natasha and Daniel. The two have just met, but feel a connection over the course of the day. I enjoy this author's writing style and how she brings important issues into her series. Would definitely recommend!







6. Fever by Mary Beth Keane
This book is told from the point of view of Typhoid Mary. Typhoid Mary was a healthy carrier of Typhoid Fever in the early 1900's who was transmitting the disease unknowingly  through her cooking. I thought this was interesting since it was told from her point of view and you really got to see her as an actual person instead of some historical figure. I've never read anything by this author, but will definitely need to check out her other writing.






7. Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
This is the same author of All the Bright Places. Since I really enjoyed that book, I thought I would like this one as well. This book follows Jack and Libby who are faces very different obstacles in high school. One thing I really like about this author is that she somehow takes an otherwise predictable premise and make it unpredictable. Would highly recommend!









8. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
This is the same author of Gone Girl and Sharp Objects- both of which I have previously read. I love her writing style and her books are definitely more on the creepy side. With Halloween coming up, I'm starting to read more books like this one. This follows a character named Libby whose family was killed when she was very young. As an adult, she starts to question who the actual killer is and revisits old memories in order to find out the truth. I couldn't put this book down and would recommend to anyone who likes a good mystery.





50 Book Challenge Tally: 37

Please don't forget to also check out my YouTube channel!



Past Books I Read This Month:
July 2017
June 2017
February/March 2017
January 2017
December 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment