Connect on Social Media

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update Part Six

Welcome to another vegan friendly update! If you'd like to see my other updates, please check out the links located at the bottom of the post. Today I have responses from Starlooks, Lipstick Queen, Flower Beauty, Crown, Evelyn Iona, and Wander Beauty. I have a long list of companies that I am currently waiting on a response from, so another update is already in the works! But for now, here are the responses from these brands about their cruelty-free status and/or vegan friendly options.


Starlooks
I first heard of this brand through a subscription service and while their website states that they are cruelty-free, it didn't list if they had any vegan products. Here is their response:
"We can not guarantee that every product is vegan, but all our products are 100% cruelty free!"

Obviously I'm disappointed that they are not vegan friendly and their response was vague. Oh well, there are other brands to choose from.


Lipstick Queen
This is a brand that I've seen advertised for Ulta on multiple occasions and their products look awesome (seriously, look at the packaging). This was their response:
"Lipstick Queen hereby states that whilst we do have many products that are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans there are products that do contain Beeswax and Carmine which are declared on the product ingredient listing."

First, you gotta love them keeping with the theme of their products. Second, I will be making a vegan friendly list based on the information they provided. Happy to find some vegan lipstick options!


Flower Beauty
This brand was developed by Drew Barrymore and while I was looking into the brand, there seemed to be a lot of confusion about their vegan options. Their response was short:
"Our products are not vegan but they are cruelty free."

I hope in the future the consider having vegan options, as it seems like they did in the past. Overall, I won't be purchasing from this brand.


Crown
I was aware that Crown was crulety-free and their brushes were vegan, but I was also interested in their cosmetics. Their response:
"Yes! All of Crown’s products are cruelty free, however not all of our products are vegan (Our Synthetic brush lines would be! Those are the Syntho, Infinity, and any brush in our Crown Pro, Studio Pro, and Studio lines that are listed as Taklon/Synthetic bristles in the description. Unfortunately, our makeup is not considered vegan, since there are some animal-derived products in them, such as beeswax.) "

So if you only purchase vegan options, Crown would be a good option for brushes, but unfortunately not for their cosmetics.


Evelyn Iona
I can't remember where I heard about this brand- it was probably YouTube. Anyways, their products look amazing and I wasn't sure of their crulety-free status or if they had vegan options. Their response:
"Yes, all of our products are cruelty free. Most of our products are vegan. Our lip glosses are not due to having bees wax in them (all other ingredients are vegan) we are also working bees wax out of our formulas by 2018. "

I'm happy to hear that most of their products are vegan and they are planning on phasing out non-vegan ingredients. Will definitely have to look into this brand more!


Wander Beauty
Before switching to vegan cosmetics, I had purchased something from this brand and liked it. I couldn't find anything about vegan friendly options on their website. This is their response:
"Our products are not vegan because we use cruelty free beeswax and propolis. Please let us know if you have any more questions, we are happy to help!"

It's a shame they don't have vegan options since their products are a nice quality. Maybe they will in the future?

That's all I have for now! Thank you for checking out my blog!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.


Vegan Lists and Updates:


No comments:

Post a Comment