Connect on Social Media

Monday, July 17, 2017

Vegan Friendly Update Part Eight

Hello and welcome to another vegan update! This is a series on my blog where I share information with you about a brands cruelty-free status and vegan friendly options. If you are curious about past vegan updates, links are located at the bottom of this page.

HASK
I emailed this company on March 26th and May 22nd. They answered me back on May 25th. It does state that they are cruelty-free on their website. This was their response:

"We appreciate your inquiry. None of our products are vegan. Our products are manufactured using the purest cosmetic and pharmaceutical grade ingredients which have been derived from sustainable, biodegradable, eco-friendly and vegan sources."

I'm confused by their answer because they say that none of their products are vegan, but their ingredients come from vegan sources...


Dome Beauty
This company only took two days to answer my email. They also state that they are cruelty-free on their website. When it came to vegan friendly options, their reply was:

"All of our products are Vegan except our diamond shadows which contain beeswax.  Please let us know if you have any other questions."

I'm happy to hear that the majority of their products are vegan friendly and will have to check out more of their products!


I have a few items from this brand that are vegan and was curious if they're completely vegan friendly. Their response:

"Yes, majority of our products are vegan, all natural and all cruelty free."

I don't really know what ingredients are not vegan friendly, to be honest. But I'm happy that the majority of their products are vegan friendly.


I had to email this company three different times to get a response- on March 20th, May 22nd, and June 11th. Their response was very short:

"Yes we are Vegan friendly."

I like that they're vegan friendly, but I don't like that it took me emailing them so much in order for them to respond.


This is again a company I had to email three times to receive a response- emailed on March 29th, May 22nd, and June 11th. Their response:

"Thank you for your interest in Rae Cosmetics!  We are “vegan” in the sense that we do NOT test on animals and we are mineral based.  When it comes to Rae cosmetics our mineral-based ingredients are superior alternatives to those in animal-infused cosmetics.  Minerals have been used to treat skin conditions and some, like zinc oxide which is in our climate control, are used to actually protect the skin.  Mineral makeup is also pesticide-free."

I do specifically state that I mean vegan as in no animal-derived ingredients and there is a difference between cruelty free and vegan. In this response, they didn't really answer my question and I'm not really willing to chase them down for a follow-up.


I've received a number of products from this brand through subscription services and wanted to know what all was vegan friendly. They answered back on the same day with this response:

"We are a cruelty-free brand and do our best to stray away from animal derived ingredients. We are not certified vegan, however a majority of our products are vegan."

Definitely happy to have another brand that has a majority of vegan products!


I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment