Connect on Social Media

Monday, August 7, 2017

Vegan Update Part Nine

In an effort to find cruelty-free and vegan makeup, I often email companies on their policies for animal testing and if their products are vegan-friendly. For past vegan updates, please follow the links at the bottom of the page. I am also creating vegan lists for Makeup Revolution, MUA, Shea Moisture, LORAC, Lipstick Queen, and Freedom. I'm also waiting on responses from Fiona Stiles, Note Cosmetics, Iman, Laritzy, Marula, Mario Badescu, Gorgeous Cosmetics, Cougar Cosmetics, Cosmoholic, Novex, City Color Cosmetics, and Fizz & Bubble.


Jordana does say that they are cruelty free on their website. I emailed them on March 13th, May 22nd, and June 11th. I received this response on June 12th:
"Thank you for you interest in Jordana Cosmetics. Some of our cosmetics are vegan friendly but not all."

I did also find out that there are only four ingredients in their cosmetics that are not vegan friendly: carmine, guanine, lanolin, and beeswax. From this information, I will be making a vegan friendly list.



This brand also says on their website that they are cruelty free. I emailed them on March 1st, March 24th, May 22nd, and June 11th. They answered me on June 11th with this response:
"Not all of our products are vegan, however we are more than happy to provide item-specific ingredient lists. Just let us know the item number and we can send you the ingredient list, no problem. :)"

I personally am tired of companies that don't just tell you what products or ingredients are vegan friendly and want you to message every single product. So unless I'm super interested in something from them, I probably won't be following up with any emails.



I kept hearing people talk about this brand because they received something in their BoxyCharm boxes. I emailed them on March 13th, March 29th, May 22nd, June 11th, and June 30th. Finally got an answer on July 12th. This was their response:
" The majority of our products are Vegan, however not all are. We use Manuka Honey in several of our skin care products and in our colored pigments we sometimes use carmine rather then an unnatural and potentially skin damaging substitute. The reason we have chosen to use these ingredients is that we strive to produce a product that is as natural as possible. We are, however, cruelty free and certified Leaping Bunny. Here is a link to our page: 
http://www.leapingbunny.org/content/naked-cosmetics
It includes a list of countries we currently sell in; we do not currently sell in any countries that require animal testing by law."
I'm happy that most of their products are vegan friendly and that they're vegan friendly. Will have to look into them more.

This is another brand I heard of through BoxyCharm. Their website does state that they are cruelty free. I emailed them on May 24th, June 26th, and July 19th. I received this response on July 19th:
"Thank you so much for reaching out to us. My name is Sue and work on behalf of Measurable Difference Customer Service Dept. Unfortunately, our products are not vegan but they are cruelty free. Let me know if you have any further questions."

Because they are not vegan friendly, I won't be purchasing from this brand.



This brand states on their website that they're cruelty free. They answered me quickly, which I appreciate. This was their response:
"Thank you so much for reaching out & for your interest in our products! Our products are not officially vegan at this time. However, we are 100% cruelty- free, and free of Talc, d5/ Parabens, Synthetic Fragrances, & Petro Chemicals. "

I'm happy that they're cruelty free and hope they eventually will switch to vegan friendly.



I saw this brand on Ulta's website and thought they looked interested. They also answered me quickly. This was their response:
"We're moving towards providing more information on products that are animal testing free, but we unfortunately do not have a current list of specific products (we're working on it!).

All our private brand products (I'm Meme, Pony Effect, Nooni, I Dew Care) are animal testing-free."

I'm kind of confused by this response- as I'm sure you are. I think I'll pass on this brand for now.

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.

I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment