Connect on Social Media

Friday, May 19, 2017

Colourpop X Sonya Esman Collaboration Review




Sonya Esman is a twenty-one year old fashion and beauty vlogger who is based out of New York City. Sonya loves to travel and wanted to make a collection for people on the go. This collection also features two completely new products. These products dropped on Friday, May 5th and are still available for purchase.


Here Comes the Sun Super Shock Face Duo, $16
This is the first super shock palette that Colourpop has released and I'm kind of surprised that they did. In the past, they have stated that they didn't make palettes because the product would dry up. So I'm wondering if they changed the formula or if these are going to dry up faster. These are the two shades included in the palette:
Matryoshka: is described as a "warm peach with a gold sheen" and is in a satin finish.
Summer Bonfire: is described as a "champagne ivory" and is in a satin finish.

I've only had this palette for a few days and have noticed it breaking up in the middle of the product. I've never been a fan of the blush formula from Colourpop, so this isn't my favorite, but the highlighter is great! It blends easily and looks really nice on the skin. It didn't emphasize texture and gave a nice "glow from within" effect.


From left to right: Golden Gate Bridge, The Hidden Hills, Manhattan Coffee Run, and Moscow Sunrise

Gemini by Night Pressed Powder Shadow Palette, $18
I have a pretty good collection of the Colourpop pressed powder shadows and so far, I have loved them. This palette is no exception! These are the shades included:
Golden Gate Bridge: is described as a "warm nude" and is in a matte finish.
The Hidden Hills: is described as a "warm taupe" and is in a satin finish.
Manhattan Coffee Run: is described as a "mid-tone brown" and is in a matte finish.
Moscow Sunrise: is described as a "rosy copper" and is in a metallic finish.

The only shade that gave me a hard time was Manhattan Coffee Run. It was a little chalky when I swatched it. It also didn't blend as easily as the others. The other shades in this palette are super creamy, blendible, and look beautiful on the eyes. I especially love Moscow Sunrise!


From top to bottom: Toronto Terrace, Empire State of Mind, California Lovers, and St. Petersburg

Perks of Being a Wildflower, $18
This is a mini stix to go collection that includes the following shades (plus a lip primer):
California Lovers: is described as a "pink nude".
Empire State of Mind: is described as a "peach nude".
Toronto Terrace: is described as a "beige nude".
St. Petersburg: is described as a "rust brick red".

All of these are a matte formula. I will say that these are incredibly drying on the lips. Even with the primer, it felt incredibly drying. I have a few of their matte lippie stix, but these are more drying than that. Do you think I said drying enough? Also, the stix looks different than the other ones by Colourpop (picture below). I thought this would be great for applying, but it actually made the product super fragile. I've already broken three of them.


Overall, if you're wanting this collection, I would go for the eyshadows. They are definetly what stands out in this collection to me. If you like the Colourpop blushes, you may like the super shock palette. I will mostly be using that palette for the highlighter. The stix are not worth it in my opinion due to how drying they are and how easy it is to break them. I think Colourpop has similar colors that are a better formula. That is just my opinion though.

Picture of me using the products from this collection:


Thank you for checking out my blog!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


Vegan Lists and Updates:


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh i bought all of these before reading this, but thank you so much for your honest and detailed review! Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete