Connect on Social Media

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette Review


This new palette from Kat Von D is meant to be a complimentary palette to her original Shade + Light palette. This contains twelve shades in four different finishes. This retails for $49.00. It is cruelty free and vegan friendly. If you are interested in the palette, you can click here.





The packaging has a cool effect to it and the case itself is very sturdy feeling. Here is a closeup of the outside packaging:

The shades within the palette are split into cool tones, neutral, and warmer tones. I can tell that a lot of thought when into the color selection for this palette. Here is a closeup of the shade selection in the palette:

Here are swatches of all of the shades:


The satin and metallic shades in this palette feel really creamy and pigmented. They were easy to work with and the quality is there. The shades that I don't like are the more glimmer infused ones. These have a crazy amount of fall-out while applying and throughout the day. They also are not as pigmented as the other shades as well and I couldn't build them up. 

Kat Von D has said that they are meant to be a "glimmer", but to me they look like straight up glitter. I also read that you can use them as a topcoat, but I still don't think they're pigmented enough and they do have a lot of fall-out. I've tried all sorts of tricks and can't seem to get this palette to work for me.

Since the glitter infused shades are half of the palette and I don't like those shades, I do think I will be returning it. I do like a lot of Kat Von D products, but this unfortunately did not work for me. For $49.00 I expect something that is a higher quality than this, so to me it's honestly not worth it. I really wanted to like it, but I wouldn't recommend this palette.

Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe!



No comments:

Post a Comment