Connect on Social Media

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting Eyeshadow Palette Volume III

 The third of the Rainforest of the Sea palettes is different than the others in that this one is not only mean for eyeshadow, but highlighters as well. Both the first and third of these palettes are vegan friendly. Like the other palettes, this one is marked "limited edition" on their website. If you're interested in this palette, you can click here. It is also available at Sephora.


Here is what the outside packaging looks like:

This palette is the same size as the other two palettes and the same layout as well. However, because it is meant for highlighting, it only has one matte shade while the rest are shimmers. 

Here is a closeup of the inside of the palette as well as swatches:



From top to bottom: Escape, Tiki, Heat Wave, Malibu, Rays, Compass, Jewel, and Treaure
Tiki is the only matte in the palette and it is honestly not that pigmented. The rest of the shades in the palette are very pigmented and creamy. I have noticed that the lighter shades in particular have a heck of a lot of fallout. When applying them, I had glitter all over me...not really what I was anticipating. While it is a pretty palette, I personally find the glitter a little annoying. I also don't personally like these as highlights because of the glitter. If you're someone who likes more of a glow, I don't think you'd like this very much.

Overall, it is a nice product, but I do prefer the first one over this palette. This is definitely not a stand alone palette as it only contains one matte. I am happy to have it and it's not a bad product, I just think that you could spend your money on something else and get more use out of it.

I also have a new YouTube channel! Please check out the review of this palette and be sure to subscribe!




No comments:

Post a Comment