Connect on Social Media

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Yeps and Nopes July 2017


Welcome to my July 2017 "yeps and nopes" of the month! This list is comprised of items that I have been loving this month and some that just didn't work for me. I am not sponsored or paid in any way to review these products. All the products mentioned are cruelty-free and vegan.






Yeps
Me wearing the mask

1. Kilted Suds Seaside Mint Moisturizing Face Mask
This is a product I received in a subscription service and I've been loving it! It is a green powder that you mix with a liquid and it is meant to be hydrating. I would definitely say that this is hydrating and leaves my skin feeling great. Will have to check out more from this brand!

Simple is an affordable brand that I've been interested in for a while. I was looking for a new eye makeup remover when I found this. This is really gentle, but removes all my eye makeup. What more can you ask for?!

Left to right: Nahz Fur Atoo and Project Chimps

The shade Project Chimps was limited edition and Kat Von D recently brought it back. It has been a favorite of mine for a while and is the perfect red. Nahz Fur Atoo is new to my collection and I receive compliments every time I wear this lipstick. I don't find these to be drying, but they last all day on me.


I did do a review of this palette on here previously- which you can find here. I have mostly been using the gold and cranberry shades from this palette. I find these easy to work with and they last all day. Plus they are super pigmented and great if you're just looking for a quick everyday look.


I have tried e.l.f.'s baked highlighters, but for some reason had never tried their pressed ones. This has quickly become one of my favorite highlighters. This gives a glow from within look that I absolutely love! You also don't need a lot of this product, so I feel like this will last me a long time.


Milani is one of the few brands where I actually like their baked products. This bronzer has some gold in it and being that I'm more warm-toned and tend to wear golds on my eyes all the time, I like this for tying everything together. The formula is super creamy and I'm not having to dig into it like I do with some other baked products I've tried.


Since the initial release of KL Polish, I have been loving this brand. I picked up four of the shades from the summer collection. I have mostly been using Magic City and South Peach, but they are all gorgeous shades. They only take two coats, dry really quickly, and last a long time. After trying these, I have to say that this formula is now my favorite out of any nail polish I have tried.


This is a palette that I have had for a while, but always come back to. The darkest shade in here is too dark for me, but the other two work really well for me. The gold shade is my favorite in this palette and every time I wear it, I get compliments. Would highly recommend!

Nopes
1. e.l.f. Tinted Shape & Stay Wax Pencil in Blonde
If you watched my first impressions video on YouTube of me trying this for the first time, you'll know I did not like this. It felt like I was putting a melted candle on my eyebrows. It also didn't really fill in the gaps. I put an eyeshadow over it and it still didn't help. Throughout the day, it still felt sticky and I just don't like that feeling on my eyebrows.

This was another product that I tried for the first time on camera and this was insanely sticky. It wasn't very pigmented either. It felt more like a lip gloss than a liquid lipstick to me. I know e.l.f. recently came out with new liquid lipsticks, so I will have to check those out!

3. Wet N Wild MegaCushion Highlight and Contour  
Both of these products didn't swatch very pigmented and didn't really show up on my face either. They also would take away foundation as I was applying them. I don't know if the color correcting ones are better, but I just didn't like these.

4. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Shampoo
As someone who has naturally oily hair, I often find it difficult to find a shampoo that works for me. The only one I have found so far was from Sephora, so I've really been trying to find a cheaper alternative. This unfortunately did not work for my oily hair.

Please also don't forget to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe!


Past Yeps and Nopes:
June 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment