Connect on Social Media

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Violet Voss X Nicol Concilio Palette Review


Nicol Concilio is a blogger originally from New York who has over 380,000 subscribers on YouTube. I recently discovered her channel and I was happy to see her coming out with a new palette with Violet Voss! This palette retails for $45 and includes twenty shades. If you are interested in this palette, you can click here.








Here is what the packaging looks like:


 Here is a close-up of all the shades:

Onto the swatches!

From top to bottom: NYC, Zo-Zo, Bruh, Pizza, and Mars

The shade NYC I didn't find to be too pigmented when I used it on my eyelids, unfortunately. Zo-Zo I think is a pretty shade, but isn't as "in your face" as I like gold eyeshadows to be. The shade Bruh swatched really light and looked the same on my eyes. The shades Pizza and Mars swatched a little chalky, but went onto the eyes nicely. 

From top and bottom: Daisy, Hangry, Blou, Hey Girl, and Chawwcolate

I really don't have much to say about this row. All of the shades felt creamy and were really pigmented in the swatches and on my eyes.


From top to bottom: Glorious, Nicol, Sagittarius, GiGi, and Palm Tree
This third row was very pigmented and creamy as well. The only criticism I have for this was that Sagittarius and GiGi look incredibly similar.

From top from bottom: L.A, Victoria, Boop-Bop, Pingy, and Retrograde
The shades L.A and Victoria are easily my favorite shades in this palette. The only shade in this row that felt chalky was Pingy, but it went into the eyes nicely. The shade Retrograde wasn't very pigmented and I would consider this the weakest shade in the palette.

Overall I do really like this palette. I previously reviewed the Matte About You palette and really did not like that one, but this palette has an awesome formula. I know some people have said that it's similar to the Laura Lee palette and I don't personally own that palette, so I can't speak for that. The other palette that I have by them in the HG palette, which I really like as well. I think the two palettes are unique enough to own both.

I also have a new YouTube channel! Please be sure to check it out and subscribe!






No comments:

Post a Comment