Connect on Social Media

Friday, June 2, 2017

iluvsarahii X Colourpop Collaboration Review

 iluvsarahii is a beauty blogger with over 380,000 subscribers on YouTube. I hadn't heard of her before this launch, but the collection looks gorgeous! Everything is vegan except the shade "razy" that is in the $aucy palette. So I just have the Chic-y palette and the lip products to review today. The collaboration launched on May 24th and a few of the products (such as the 951 Ultra Satin Lip) actually sold out within an hour. Colourpop just restocked the entire collection today. Check it out here.




Chic-y Pressed Powder Shadow Palette
From top to bottom: Distressed, Vivacious, Freckles, and Noche
I have been a fan of the Colourpop Pressed Shadows since their initial launch and this palette impressed me like the other shades I've tried. The shades included in this palette are:
Distressed: is described as a "vanilla" and is in a matte finish.
Vivacious: is described as a "pink champagne" and is in a metallic finish. 
Freckles: is described as a "warm mocha" and is in a matte finish.
Noche: is described as a "black brown" and is in a matte finish.

As of right now, you can only purchase this as a palette and not individually. At first glance, I thought this was going to be a very basic neutral palette, but it is actually the opposite. You can create day and night looks with it and I think the shades compliment every skin tone. They are creamy and very pigmented like the other Colourpop Pressed Powders.

The metallic shade is definitely my favorite- and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't like pink shadows. It's unlike anything else in my collection and looks beautiful all over the lid. The shades Freckles and Noche didn't swatch too well, but applied nicely on my eyelids. I would say Noche required a little more work than the other shades to blend out, but nothing too bad. Overall I'm really happy with this palette and would recommend it!


Lip Products



From top to bottom: 951 Ultra Satin Lip and Lippie Pencil, Mamacita
Ultra Matte Lip and Lippie Pencil, and Cuvii Ultra Glossy Lip and Lippie Pencil
This collection also included an Ultra Satin Lip, Ultra Matte Lip, and an Ultra Glossy Lip- along with a matching Lippie Pencil. The shades are as followed:
951 Lippie Pencil: is described as a "mid-tone warm nude".
951 Ultra Satin Lip: is also described as a "mid-tone warm nude".
Mamacita Lippe Pencil: is described as a "deepened blackberry".
Mamacita Ultra Matte Lip: is described as a "deepened burgundy".
Curvii Lippie Pencil: is described as a "warm beige".
Curvii Ultra Glossy Lip: is described as a "light peachy nude".

Overall, I really like these shades. 951 isn't a shade I would normally pick up for myself (I'm more into reds), but it looks so pretty on the lips and is a good everyday color. The satin formula is also very comfortable and stays in place all day.

Mamacita is a unique color in my opinion because it's a reddish-purple that I don't think you see too often. It does stain your lips when you take it off- so just be aware of that. If you generally don't like really drying matte's, I don't think you'd find this too comfortable. It is almost completely transfer proof though and that's a plus in my book. Depending on your skin tone, this might pull more red or purple. 

Lastly, the shade Curvii is a little too pink for my liking, but paired with the Lippie Pencil, it did make it a little darker. It does have that sticky feeling that most lip glosses have as well. It does have a little shimmer in it and I think that was difficult to tell from the swatches shown online. It is really hydrating so I think if you like lip glosses, this would be a good option for the summertime.


Overall I am very impressed by this collection and would highly recommend it! Thank you for checking out my blog!

I also have a new YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, please click here.


I also have a running cruelty free list going- click here.


2 comments: